McLeod finishes his post by asking “What did I miss here? What would you revise or add to this list? Most importantly, how well is your school organization doing at paying attention to these 7 key components of future learning environments?”
Dr. McLeod’s question rings many bells for this researcher.
1. To what extent are school organizations aware of these components as vital to a futures-based school?
Have school leadership recognized the value of these components? Have they been made aware of their link with the needs of a new educational system?
2. To what extent are school organizations consciously practicing implementing these components?
How can we gauge the extent to which these components are in play? Where? Why?
3. Which is the most practiced component?
Why is this component more likely to be operable?
4. Which is the least practiced component?
Why is this component least likely to be operable?
5. Is there a correlation among these components and recognized exemplary futures based schools?
Perhaps some of these components combine more strongly to contribute to exemplary futures-based schools?
6. What are the factors that encourage school organizations to put these components in place?
Perhaps there are other conditions of leadership and systems thinking at play that must be in place to make these components flourish?
7. What are the factors that discourage school organizations from putting these components in place?
Perhaps there are other conditions of leadership and systems thinking at play that obstruct putting these components in place?
Who would like to contribute to constructing such a study?